Living in Idaho means snow and we have definitely gotten snow this last week! Living on the side of the mountain where we do it's hard to tell just how much snow we have gotten this winter because sometimes the wind blows more than it snows. On Christmas day we got what Heath likes to jokingly refer to as the "50 year storm." The interstate was closed between Pocatello and Twin Falls so we didn't even get to go get Braden until the day after Christmas! What a bummer! Here are just a few pictures from our back deck. Because our deck is on the second floor of the house it has to be shoveled. Check out the amount of snow before the job was started!

Of course a job this big means snow clothes for everyone!

In some places it was at least 24 inches deep!

This measured about 10 inches just to get out the door!

"Daddy, this is deep!"

I don't think Kenidee thought it was as deep as it was! It went up to her hips!

Why do they always dive in head first? She had so much fun helping her dad!

She got her work out for the day!

What a great dad! He built Kenidee her very own snow hill right on the deck!

And then he had to help her sled down the hill.

They had so much fun!

Kenidee then decided that the snow hill was the perfect place to watch Dad work!

"Anyone for a winter picnic?"

The storm on Christmas day.

Heath said that there was so much blowing and snowing that he had to move a 5 foot snow drift out of the drive before I could go to town. I didn't look but I took his word for it. When he finally decided to do some snow removal it took him 45 minutes with the skid loader! That's a lot of snow in our driveway! Needless to say, it's a good thing I'm on Christmas break. I love being able to just sit in my living room bundled up next to the fire watching it snow! Idaho is a wonderful place!
1 comment:
wow!!!!
Post a Comment